
As I put Angelica to sleep last night, I was amazed to see how she has grown...the bud is starting to blossom into a beauty! As she blooms everyday, there are a lot of transformations taking place not only in her own life but in my life as her mother as well. Here are some "used to be" features of my darling daughter's life that I will always cherish:
*My baby used to snooze in her crib (that stood beside our bed) tucked in her pink blanket whle I sang a medley of lullabies some in my own version:). Everynight, I gazed at her angelic face as I softly caressed her smooth skin & silky baby hair, as if I was trying to keep her picture in my memory...saving it, so that someday I will have something to reminisce about.
Now, my little girl sleeps on her own bed (still adjoining our bed) snuggling her pink comforter. I still sing to her our favorite songs "When you wish upon a star" & "Twinkle, twinkle little star" until she dozes off. I still caress her thick, black hair that has beautifully grown long up to her waist. Sometimes, I brush her hair while singing...such simple things that I cherish so much. I always think that soon she will have her own room, I'm not sure if I can bear it...thinking that she's going to leave us and I won't need to sing to her anymore.
*I used to cuddle our bundle of joy whenever she cried or just wanted to hold her very close to me...now, we snuggle each other just before we both close our eyes everynight. There would be exchanges of "I love you's"...and sometimes there are wild moments of tickling until we are both laughing to death.
*I used to decide on which romper or jumpsuit she was going to wear...now, it's always her choice that rules her wardrobe. She still loves pink color, so you'll guess it right...PINK dominates everything that she owns, from hairclips to shoes (not to mention her toiletries...all of them should be pink!).
*She used to be satisfied with just milk...now she feasts on eggs, chicken (McDonald's please...), some veggies, chocolate cakes & cookies. Pork & chicken Adobo is the new addition to her favorites. She still loves to drink milk. Thank God that she never loses her appetite; she finishes her food most of the time & occasionally asks for second servings.

*Teddy bears & beanies were used to be her "playmates"...now, she has true playmates, with Kyrie (her cousin)& Joice as her BFF & SBSA (bet you don't know what this means!...sometimes bati,sometimes away!!!:)). When she was a baby, I used to be the apple of her eyes (with her Dad & grannies in the 2nd & 3rd places only :)), she would cry when I disappeared from her sight! Now,her constant companions are her Barbie dolls & her playmates. Whenever they are together, they talk about...boys!!! yes, boys! These are 6 year olds who already have crushes & "boyfriends"& who like the Jonas Brothers! They also have their secrets & swear to never like boy stuffs...ever!
There seems to be so many developments in her life, physically, mentally, socially & spiritually...all of them I want to memorize! I am so thankful for all the moments that we are together...I always tell myself to cherish each moment because it might not (or will not) happen again. She will pass through the different stages in her life only once, and I want to be in all those stages with her until I see her blossomed into a beautiful lady. I love you, Kakay!


2 comments:
Nakakasenti naman Ninang :) There's this phrase from a mother-daughter scene that I love, the daughter who's already grown into an indepentent adult said to her mom that she "may not need her anymore", but she "wants her to be with her always".
Btw, may tag po uli ako sa inyo hehe http://mommychechemd.blogspot.com/
hi Ninang! Justine and Kakay might enjoy this activity ...http://allaboutelizabethp.blogspot.com/2009/04/art-activity1-salty-art.html
Post a Comment