
Soon my husband & I are going to celebrate our 12th Wedding Anniversary. I was roused to reminisce the memories we made together for the past 11 years.
The first 2 years...
"In LOVE, each man is his own personal challenge."
...not so long ago, I was a blushing bride who trembled with excitement, anticipation and fear...of what? Because I knew that as I accept the ring that would symbolize our unbounding love, I also needed to embrace the new challenges expected of my new role as a wife. I was uncertain of what would happen after that special day...the day of the pronouncement of my obligations not only to myself but to the new person who became my better-half! We vowed to think, act & feel as one being without forgetting our own uniqueness & selfrespect. I did not anticipate for a marital bliss at once. I knew that we had to strive for it. There is no guarantee of a 100% obstacle-free union, that's a fact!
The third year...
"We are one, after all, you & I, together we suffer, together we exist & forever will create each other."
...the first 2 years ensued uneventfully, probably because the sacred vows were still fresh in our minds, so it was quite harmonious! This year was the time for discovery & adjustment. Both of us gradually & surprisingly uncovered each one's good qualities & shortcomings. We learned to accept our flaws & tried to change for the better, there were times when it seemed so hard to do. The next thing was more troublesome...to adapt. Sometimes, we didn't know who really needed to adjust in order to tune in to an "ideal" relationship.What I learned was that it's difficult to change the person's innate character & how one was raised. It would be less tedious if the person you're trying to change is willing to accept change!
...this year, Justin Cedric came to our lives. There were beautiful changes that made our union happier. Our baby boy was our sunshine...he took all our blues away!
From the fourth year onwards...
"Love is always open arms. If you close your arms about love you will find that you are left holding only yourself."
...still striving to put up a "perfect relationship". There were trials that made our marriage stronger. On our 5th year, God gave us His greatest gift: our daughter Angelica Ysabelle. We felt so blessed because we never expected that our dream would ever come true. She was a big factor that kept the bond tighter!
We both felt that our family is now complete. We already have a family to nourish with endless & unconditional love; we have more lives to care for. Our children need us for guidance & to instill in them the virtues handed over to us by our own parents. We have so many plans for our kids. We want to give them the best of everything, to make their lives comfortable while keeping our lives as simple as possible. Whenever we make plans, we always have our children (& our fathers)in mind as our priority. We don't feel neglected about anything that concerned our children...he'll understand if I needed to spend more time with the kids or have them invite themselves to sleep on our bed (they love to squeeze-in often)or if I consider first what they want to eat or what they need. We silently promised to ourselves that we will always understand.
I don't know if being parents has made us both more resilient & open to suggestions & criticism...possibly, I think! I noticed that we became less stiff & more jovial, we can crack jokes every now & then, play around with the kids & enjoy bonding time without necessarily going out & spend a lot of money on expensive recreations. Our life remained simple but happy & contented.
We surpassed the downpour of trials that almost pushed us to our limits...we thought that it was better to go separate ways...to break the union. I guess God intervened, He made way to forgiveness...He made our hearts meek & forgiving. Gradually, the bond was restored, a better communication with acceptance of each one's fault mend our broken hearts. Everything that hurt us was left behind and forgotten!
As a husband, Orlan has proven himself to his better-half that he is capable of giving so much love (sometimes in ways I don't easily perceive) to his family; a hard worker who strives to attain his set goals; a person close to God who never misses his fervent prayers everyday & every night. He has learned to become a true partner in life! Now, I can say that I have no regrets in marrying him....


No comments:
Post a Comment