
God blessed me with two angels who transformed my forlorn life into a blissful one. These two adorable angels came one after the other. The first to come was my 2K baby, Justin Cedric. He was our first blessing...he never gave me sleepless nights because he never (yes, never!!!) cried during wee hours. I was amazed everytime I woke up & to find him just cooing & playing by himself inside his crib. He was so well-behaved!
Then came Angelica Ysabelle after 2 years of anticipation...after enduring abortions twice, God finally blessed us with a great gift! It was a difficult pregnancy, I had to have daily every 6 hours of heparin injections (thank goodness for the heplocks, because I loathe being pierced so often, it's not fun, you know!). Even if I had lots of apprehensions with its use, I had no choice but to have them if I wanted to keep Angelica. I couldn't afford to lose her, she could be my last chance! Giving birth to her was such an ecstatic experience ( setting aside the fears that I had in my mind about the complications of the birthing itself & the use of heparin, fearing that I could bleed so much because of it ). But the joy was replaced by another anxiety because we had to leave her at the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit until her jaundice subsided. It was a heart-breaking experience for me. All that I could do was to call up the hospital frequently for the updates regarding her progress & visit her as often as we could. Finally, we took her home after 5 days. She was a fussy but a cutie baby. She often had bouts of hysterical cries at night ( either because she was hungry or just wanted to play with mom! ). I called her my "attention-seeker-fussy" baby girl while Justin was the "cool li'l dude".
I love how both of them turned my world upside down in a whimsical way. They both made my life so wonderful & complete! I thank God for His blessings...the two greatest gifts that came from Him!


2 comments:
You are truly and doubly blessed, Ninang! :D I'm glad you started blogging. Nakakalito lang at first, finding your way around. But you'll eventually get the hang of it. And for sure, I'll frequently drop by to read your posts. God bless! Mwah!
Dearest Angie, I remember when we kept little diaries when we were in high school and even part of college. Nahalungkat ko yung akin 2 yrs ago and oh my! I marveled at what I considered "highlights" of my days noon. I also found entries that pinched my heart and gave me heartaches (literally!).
I did not realize how PRECIOUS Kakay is, to you and Orlan until I read this entry. The doctor in me is wondering about the heparinization. You are blessed with a loving husband, beautiful and smart kids, a fulfilling career, and the presence and wisdom of your Tatay. You have a wonderful life Dr Mrs Soberano!
Carry on with your writing..or blogging. I want more!
Post a Comment