Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gifts Received & Lost

When I learned that I was pregnant to Angelica, my husband & I were very,very happy. It was a great surprise for both of us because we already gave up hoping. I had gone through a lot...those exhausting ( and some painful ) examinations, tons of fertility pills I had taken and a couple of frustrating miscarriages...all of these seemed to have failed. Nothing is really impossible with God, because when we stopped everything and turned to Him, He surprised us with His greatest gift...the gift that came unexpectedly...our miracle...our baby girl! His gift that we would cherish forever.



However, the rapture did not last long. After a month, my Mom was suspected of having a Head & Neck Malignancy. She had to undergo so many ancillary procedures & laboratory tests to confirm the primary malignancy. I was still hoping then that it was not cancer, it couldn't be! But it was indeed the deadly C...a slow growing Pancreatic Gland Cancer. I couldn't believe it...or I just couldn't accept it. I was so heart broken...I did nothing but cry all day & all night ( almost forgotten that I have a new life growing inside me ). Everybody thought that I would lose our baby. But Angelica survived. "We" were with my Mom in all her sufferings, in everything that she had gone through... from the diagnostics to the Chemo & Radiation therapy sessions...Angelica & I were there with my Mom.





Before Angelica was born, I couldn't forget what Mom said "Gusto ko pang mabuhay so that I can see my apo!". My Mom took care of Angelica when she was still a baby. She lived until Angelica was almost 3 years old. She lost her battle in June of 2005. I lost the greatest woman I have ever known & had in my life. I felt as if a big part of me died with her. My Mom was truly a big loss for me & my Dad.

I always reprove myself when I start thinking that God gave us Angelica in exchange for my Mom...my baby's life in exchange for my beloved Mom's life. I know that God is not like that! Soon I will understand His reasons...His plans...His answers.

1 comment:

CHE-CHE said...

After all those miscarriages, I think God finally gave you Angelica to give more quality of life to your Mom's last few years :)

i have another award for Ninang - http://mommychechemd.blogspot.com/2009/04/thanks-for-this-award-twinkie-i-sooooo.html