Sunday, April 12, 2009

Mom's Typical Day

Everytime I wake up in the morning, I seem to do the same things everyday...so routinary! Others might think what a boring life I have. For me, it may not be that boring after all...because I see each day as a challenging & exciting another day...not just another ordinary day. It could be another day of new challenges in my life as mother, wife, daughter, friend & doctor.

I always look forward to new discoveries in my children's growth stages. I find them very interesting because they can teach me a lot. Parenting has become my favorite concern. It seems like a continuos learning process, wherein my kids are my best tutors & my experiences with them are my best tools. I learned the importance of my children's individual characteristics... each one has his/her own unique essence. So I feel that I don't need to follow anymore the guidelines written in my favorite parenting books as strictly as I thought. In every skill that I master each day, I feel as if I received another medal of accomplishment...for another triumphant day. Would you agree with me that a Mom's life in every day of her life is truly interesting & exciting...& so fulfilling?

Whe I reviewed my daily "to do" notes, I noticed that my day is typically loaded with Mommy activities...they overwhelm my other daily tasks. Here is an example of my to do list (during school days).

6:15 AM - wake up!!!...say morning prayers
(ask yaya or do the following with yaya's help)
- prepare kids' breakfast & their lunch boxes
- prepare their uniforms, shoes
6:30 AM - wake the kids up!!! usually takes 15 minutes of "noise making" before they
finally get up
- kids eat breakfast...keep on prompting them to eat fast (or they'll be
late for school)
7:00 AM - kids should be in the bathroom for a quick shower, brush teeth
- dress up
- fix Kakay's hair
- make sure that they are wearing their i.d.'s
- check their bags & lunch boxes
7:30 AM - off to school (Kakay) ... sometimes I need to drive Kakay to her
school when their father is not around
7:45 AM - wait for Justin's school bus & see him go
8:00 AM - time for breakfast...finally!!!
8:30 AM - check e-mails, read news in the internet
9:00 AM - take a shower
10:00AM up to ? - clinic...work!!!
...often times I have luch late, past 1:00PM :( , depending on the
number of my patients. 3 PM is my latest lunch time
- Hospital rounds will follow right after my lunch
3:30 PM - Yaya to pick up Kakay from her school
- Justin will arrive from school
4:30 PM - check Kakay's Assignment notebook for homeworks & schedule of quizzes
- Justin's tutor will arrive before 5PM
- let the kids rest & have snacks
5:00 PM - teaching time (Kakay), do homeworks, review, advance study
6:30 PM - Dinner time
7:00 PM - kids take shower, brush teeth, put on pj's
- review Kakay some more if there are scheduled quizzes for the following day
- review Justin ( in case his tutor missed something)
- check their bags if all books & notebooks are inside, sharpen all pencils
8:30 PM - kids should be sleeping by this time
- check e-mails, update Facebook & Multiply sites, blog if with spare time
10:00 PM- say evening prayers...then hit the sack...finally!!!! - if there are no
calls from the hospital

This is my typical daily schedule from Monday to Friday. There are some changes during weekends though...you can see that my duties as a mother rule my daily list of activities. I love it when I accomplish my to do list everyday!

No comments: