I'm a Mother, I'm a Wife
Rules PLEASE:
1. Link with the person who tagged you.
2. Copy above images.
3. Post this on any or all of your Blog/s.
4. Answer the two-part questionnaire following these Rules. (Feel free to elaborate your answers. For questions 8 - 14, post only the one (1) which you believe best describes your choice).
5. Share this with at least seven (7) friends on your Blog Roll.
6. Come back to Living A' La Mode (DO NOT CHANGE THIS LINK PLEASE.) and leave the URL of your Post in order for you/your Blog to be added to the Master List.
7. Have fun!
Parenting Style
1. Do you exercise full or minimal control over your child's / children's behavior?
* Full control as much as possible since my kids are still young to make sensible decisions for themselves... so "Mom knows what is best for you!" rules in our household, for now!
2. Do you expect your child / children to obey 100% or let her / him / them do what pleases her / him / them?
* I expect my 2 kids to obey 100%...they should not get what they want all the time!
3. Do you welcome discussion or you simply set rules?
* I will appreciate having discussions with them...I will listen, but for now, I still set the rules and they are expected to follow them!
4. Do you reprimand? YES.
5. Do you use spanking for punishment?
* I use spanking as the last option for situations wherein "amicable settlement" won't work...but after doing it I should admit that I really felt bad, so guilty, that after awhile I will offer them something that they couldn't resist (like their fave sweets, toys or just Mom's sweet hugs & kisses) while telling them the reason why I spanked them.
6. Do you use some kind of a reward System for motivation?
* Yes, I always do (that's why my husband always reproach me for the unexpected expenses :) )... but this strategy works well for me, my kids are motivated to study harder and they always remember to behave well because of the treats that they expect to get in the end!
7. Do you enjoy being a Parent?
* Of course, I enjoy being a Mom...parenting is exciting because it is full of surprises, there are so much to discover. I get surprises all the time!!! I also learn a lot from my kids & our experiences together.
8. Are you a hands-on Parent or do you have a full-time Nanny?
* I am a hands-on Mom as much as possible, that is as long as my schedule permits. I get some help from their nanny, but I still tell her what to do, all decisions concerning my kids need to come from me ( or their Dad ). When my kids were still babies, I was a full time hands-on Mom with just a little help from my Mom!
9. At what age would you let your child make simple decisions for himself / herself?
*Since Justin is already 9 years old, I believe that he can make sensible decisions for himself regarding simple dilemma, but still I need to be beside him for support and final approval :) ...while as for Angelica, since she is only 6 years old, I can only allow her to decide on simple matters such as which dress to wear, what color of shoes she will pair with the dress, what hairstyle will I do for her & stuff like that...she still needs me for making rational decisions.
10.Do you and your Husband have the same Parenting Style?
* We are different In some aspects...I am the disciplinarian most of the time, but a spoiler when it comes to giving rewards for good grades and good deeds...my husband is not an advocate of enticing the kids with rewards or gifts nor using spanking as a disciplinary way.
Wife Style
7. How long have you been married?
*Almost 12 years!!!!
8. How do you feel about being a Wife?
* It's exciting, challenging, surprising and I still have many things to discover/uncover :) and many aspects of a married life to explore!
9. What has been your typical sleeping attire since you got married?
* Usually PJs or cotton shorts & shirts during summer.
10. How do you show how appreciative you are of your Husband?
* I am not a vocal type of person, so I don't usually tell him lines like "Honey, you look great today!"...I just give him some pampering like body massage...some hugs and kisses would surely tell him how much he is loved and appreciated, no need for words coz he already knew what I meant!!!
11. What do you do when your Husband annoys you?
* I just keep quiet while I am still hostile, as in really very quiet...I usually don't answer anybody's questions, as if no one is talking with me, you'll hear nothing from me! Then after I have cooled off, I'll talk with my husband and tell him what annoyed me...he has to listen first and let me finish, then I will be ready to hear his explanations.
12. You are buying or planning to buy your first house as Husband and Wife ....
*We are still living with my Dad in our old house, so when it's time for us to buy our own house, we want it to be big enough for our family...the kitchen & our bedroom should be big, I want my own walk in closet, I also need a craft room maybe in the attic or basement. We also want a big lawn where the kids can run around and play...it's only Angelica who wishes for a swimming pool, maybe a small indoor pool will do for now.
13. How does your house look like at the end of the day when Hubby gets home?
* It has to be clutter free, because my husband is more organized than I am.
14. How do you feel about running a household?
* Exhausting! If I am going to do everything in the house, that's really going to be very arduous for me. Thank God for the helping hands ( we have a maid who does most of the work in our household )! I can handle the kids, the budgeting, doing the grocery list, cooking (when I'm not busy with my patients) and giving orders in keeping the house clean & organized as much as possible ( but with the kids around, our house remains clutter free in less than an hour :( )
15. What is the sweetest gift you have given your Husband so far?
* My kids!!!...& my love for him and our kids.
Thanks Cheche! I had a good time answering this Q&A!
Hmmm who am I gonna tag?...
Busy Busy
17 years ago


2 comments:
i enjoyed reading your answers hehe no pressure sa pag-tag. Ako nga ho kayo lang na-tag ko hehe
Ninang, you forgot pala to put the hyperlinks hehe
Post a Comment