Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Brave Kids

I was so surprised when my son agreed to have his flu shot this morning. He bravely said yes...but when he saw the needle, there was a sudden change of heart! We needed Dad's strong arms, in addition to lots of persuasions. I bribed him, telling him that I'll buy him a monster truck that he was so crazy about. After I mentioned the magic word, he gave in!!! Swiftly I gave him his shot...there was no ouch or crying afterwards! He just said: "Is that it, Mom? Yun lang pala!"

Then came the hardest part: to entice Kakay to have hers! I needed to run after her, she locked the bedroom doors so that I couldn't go inside to get her! I also used the magic words: I'll give her dearest pooch to someone else, of course whe hated that idea!!! We finally got her, I was afraid that she would get hurt not because of the needle but because of too much pressure in restraining her. When her Dad "immobilized" her, I gave her the flu vaccine shot...and while giving it she was already laughing as if she didn't feel anything! A brave girl indeed! Now, she has more courage to have more shots :)!!! and now I need more cash to buy the toy that I promised!!!:D

2 comments:

Chris said...

its great that you can administer the shots yourself... :) that is a lot cheaper than going to your pedia! :d

doc_angel said...

you said it right, Chris!...but I needed a lot of courage to give it to my own kids...the feeling is different when I give shots to my adult patients!