Monday, May 25, 2009

Before I was a Mom

Thanks Cheche for this nice tag!

Before I was a Mom...

~ I didn't feel any guilt even if I would go out with my friends & go home late...but now that I already have kids, I would feel so guilty even if I would be away from home for just a short period; and wherever I would be (without them), they would always be in my mind!

~ I could easily grab the opportunity (offered by the drug companies) to go to different places, here & abroad without having second thoughts...now, I had turned down a number of offers since I had my angels, because I would never go anywhere without them! I usually take them along with me (& my hubby)to all the places I go to, where we could also have the much needed bonding time.

~ I could stay inside my own room & hibernate as long as I wanted...where I could do what I always wanted--- read!read!read! (books other than my medical books :)) & do artworks!...when the kids arrived, I could count with my fingers (with just one hand) the times I was able to hold my favorite books & read them. My reading materials these days were all about parenting (at least I could still read & learn!).

~ I could sleep late...still up as late as 4AM because of any of the following : finishing a novel, scrapbooking or doing stuffs in my Adobe Photoshop, surfing the internet or reading emails, burning wires because of long chats with my buds or just writing in my journal book while listening to my favorite jazz music...when I became a Mom, staying up late meant that I was awakened by my babies' shrieks because they were hungry, had too much pee in their diapers or needed to change due to poop. I mastered the diaper changing & formula preparation...everything seemed automatic, I could do them even with my eyes half open & my consciousness just partly aware of what's going on :)

~ I would shop with priority to MY needs. I was an impulsive shopper before, when I see something that I liked so much, I wouldn't stop until I had it... but now, I frequently go to children's stores rather than my fave shops & usually go home "empty handed" (meaning I ended up having nothing for myself...all the bags were filled with my kids' stuff!).

I appreciate all of these changes in my life when my children came , my world truly turned upside down. I was able to embrace the changes with a big smile & a loadful of happiness in my heart because I realized that they were the little ones who could make beautiful changes to my life...the wonderful lessons I learned from all the experiences we had together all meant so much to me. I never imagined that I could be a mother who would sacrifice everything for my children. To give up my previous ME is all worth it!

1 comment:

CHE-CHE said...

hehe since having JT, I feel like I have multiple personalities. There's Mommy Che-Che, Che-Che the wife, Che-Che the doctor (who is currently insecure kasi out of practice), etc. And occasionally, parang ang hirap i-mesh silang lahat. Pero I'll never change anything that has happened to me since last year :)