Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Treat them Humanely, please!

I was disheartened by the fact that there are still people who are insensitive to the needs of others...inconsiderate of others' feelings. I believe that even if they are "just our subordinates", we still need to treat them well, we still owe them respect! We should not forget that our institution would not be "in business" without them...without their effort, their efficient labor & loyalty to us. We could not deny that they had given their best with a big hope that soon they would truly become a part of the hospital staff...the "family", and be able to continue imparting their services to our patients. I know that for them, the recognition of their competent performances is more important rather than the slight increase in their monetary compensation...and for me, that's a big deal because I know that they would take care of my patients not because of money nor they would expect somehting in return but because of compassion!

It's true that the ill effects of the global crisis had loomed over us. Everybody was caught by surprise. We were not ready for the worst, I believe! But there were still some who found it trivial because they could still relish on luxurious ways/things in life...inspite of the struggling economy of our country. God must have endowed them with millions of pesos, giving them the power to manipulate others. What I pray for is for these people to realize that there are humane ways in treating our employees (our partners in business)...ways that won't humiliate them, instead they would leave with dignity & respect for themselves...with a smile on their faces rather than grudge or wrath in their hearts. Nothing could enrage them more than being treated like a worthless piece of junk that after being used would be kicked off mercilessly.

Let us all remember that life is really like a wheel...that when it turns, the ones on top would inevitably go under!!!

No comments: